Tuesday, July 1, 2014

May 27th, 2014~ Top Ten List of Mission Life in Stillwater

Well hey  hey familia!!  It's good to hear that you enjoyed your time in California, it's even better to hear that we still want to keep our roots in AZ!   Haha.  B dog!  I hear that you've grown up a ton.  That's not cool.  You're not supposed to grow up! Haha just messin.  Someone needs to keep Austin in line.  Way to go with the flag routes too.  I remember those days.  Fun fun. That picture of the auditorium you sent was incredible!  That would've so cool to have been there to listen to the choir record!  I don't doubt that it gave you chills, I get chills only thinking about it!

Mom I really enjoyed the top ten of the trip that you shared, and you asked for the top ten of my week, so here you go!

This weeks top ten 10!

10.  Getting to help Zach and Ila Edens move into their new home.  They have a dachshund.  A dog like Basil that's got the funniest personality, her name is Rue.  Super awesome. I guess along with that helping the Wall's family move too.  Solid family.

9.  Getting condemned to hell and declared as false prophets and deceivers by 3 different people in the same hour last night :) (That's a good story for another time, probably after the mish)

8.  Watching Elder Whitehead almost throw up 4 different times at dinner this week as we were eating pozole.  (it's a hispanic dish, I'm sure Austin will know what it is.  Basically water, pork, and hominy all boiled together.) I thoroughly enjoyed it! haha

7.  Having time  yesterday to clean the apartment.

6.  I was able to do the baptism interview for a 75 yr old woman named Cecilia.  It was really special experience.  The lord has definitely prepared her for the gospel.  She was baptized in the Cushing ward on Saturday, and that was the first baptism that ward has had in years.

5.  Emails today!  It sounds like you had a wonderful time in California!

4.  We have 2 priesthood blessings this week.  The power of God is real!

3.  I think I'll have to go back to last night's experience.  In our conversation with this group of people a man had his own copy of the B.o.M that he's had for years and he said "I've read this book, and it doesn't talk about Christ anywhere!  Show me one place where it talks about Christ!"  So we did :)  I know the principles in D&C 11:21 correct and true.

2.  I was on exchanges in Cushing, and we Okie talked with 3 people that were drunk out of their mind.  If you want to laugh, talk to a drunk Okie.

1. Getting to go to temple on Saturday as Justin Duren received his endowment before he left for his misson!



Dad to answer your question, Robin and Michelle's date is for June 21st.  Their situation got a little more interesting this past week.  Michelle kicked Robin out, and he's now living in a homeless shelter.  Soooo we're trying to figure out the best way to go about teaching the both of them and having the both of them come to church, while at the same time keeping the peace between them.

This Sunday too the Flowers family came to church!  I'm not sure if I've told you much about them... they were found a month before I came into the area, and were baptized the Sunday before I got here.  They didn't get confirmed until a week and a half later, because they wouldn't come to church so we got them to come down on a Wednesday night.  Since their baptism they hadn't come to church.  My personal opinion is that their baptism was one of those "I'm going home, so we need to baptize them now!" on the part of the missionary that was here before me, rather than "what's best for flowers family?"  Anyways, they came to church for the first hour, which was a mini miracle.  The next hurdle to climb is to have them stay for the 2nd and 3rd hour, because they haven't ever stayed for those, even when they were investigating the church.

I love you all lots, and I continue to pray for you!  Keep on with the CPR!  Going to Church, saying your Prayers, and Reading the scriptures!


Elder Traasdahl

No comments:

Post a Comment