What's goin
on Traasdahl fam!?! It sounds like the
church is still true and the world isn't coming to an end so we're not doin
half bad! And shoot even if the world
was coming to an end that means Christ is on his way so we're really not doin
bad! I love Monday mornings sittin down
and being able to read all of your emails and getting to hear the events of the
week. Glad to hear things are back to
normal with H Banks cruisin through door, just make sure he doesn't set off the
alarm at 5 in the morning! And heck I
still can't wrap my mind around how tall Braden's getting. Mom, I'll try really hard this week to make a
conscious effort to take some pictures. I know that sounds ridiculous but if I don’t
put a sticky note on my forehead about it then I don't do it. Also I was planning on sending my memory card home
this week, but I took a video of an object lesson that we share that's pretty
neat, annnnnd I want to do the lesson with the fam when I get home. And if you see the video then it'll ruin the
lesson. So, sorry about that.
This last
week though was a wild one. In the zone
we had 3 emergency transfers, 2 missionaries call us and president and say
they've made up their mind and their bags are packed and they're going home, an
elder run away from his companion, and we have a district leader that's decided
for some reason to go on a disobedience spree/"let's blame everything on
the ZL's." Haha President heard
from us a lot this week. Through all of
this however I was retaught and continued to learn where real sustaining power
comes from. I could feel so many times
my stress level begin to rise, the tension build in the muscles in my back, the
pressure begin to rise in my head, and I knew what that meant. A migraine was coming. I can't tell you how many prayers I offered
where I said "Father, I can't handle this all on my own. I don't want to try to do this on my own. I ask that I be given strength and guidance
through the spirit to meet to challenges at hand." Sure enough, I was able to calm my thoughts,
relax myself, and be in a mood that I was able to counsel with my companion
about appropriate solutions to all the problems we had at hand. I know that we won't be left hung out to dry
if we reach out in faith and ask for the help and strength of God!
Miracles for
this week though! The English sisters
had an investigator who hadn't been inside a church building in 16 years, but
decided today was the day and came to church. One of the sisters wasn't feeling well so we
taught the gospel principles class to him and instead of teaching out of the
book we taught him (his name is Ezekial) the Restoration instead. He's a
non-denomination guy, and was very set in that belief because of what he's seen in all the churches here in OK.
a.k.a the effects of the apostasy. It
was pretty neat because tried to prove his point of "no true church"
by the point/question of "what about all those in Africa who have never
heard of Christ? Are they condemned to Hell just because of where they were
born?" He thought he had us there, but I think we all know the end to this
story.
The Plan of
Salvation is beautiful doctrine isn't it? So the sisters will be meeting with him again
this upcoming week. Also, last night at
8:45, we found a family of 3! We had
nothing to do and had a member with us, and instead of going in with an awkward
amount of time left, we decided to try a referral that we got from a RC family.
30 min visit short, this family is
sweet! Super super Baptist, but they love us and we love them. Haha our next visit they want us to come over
and teach the daughter how to accept Christ to be saved.... That'll be a fun one. It's a single mom and
two kids. But! The daughter really wants to be baptized and the son too, the
mom we'll have to work with, however she's super interested in finding truth.
Krystal, Evan, and Shenoa.
Last other
update, the Kale fam. Greg, the husband, is still visiting with us, he's hung
up now on Adam and Eve. He's a real Intellectual guy and right now he's
searching it in that way, intellectually, rather that spiritually. So we're working on helping him see the need
to make that transition. I love you all
lots and let me know if I can do anything for you! This is Christ's church and
the gospel is true!

No comments:
Post a Comment