Tuesday, July 1, 2014

April 28th ~ Transfer Alert - Stillwater, Oklahoma is next on the list

April 28th, 2014
Hello familia!  Well it sounds like you all have had such a wonderful week!  Aust, I feel your pain, I was afflicted too this week with a cold.  It doesn't sound like I got it as bad as you did, but I've been hacking up some good mucus and my voice dropped a few octaves and I a few snot filled hanky's later I was set!  Mom I used those on guard beadlets you sent and the peppermint oil, the deliverance oil and sought a priesthood blessing and I've been able to plug along!  Braden way to hook Basil up with a comfortable bed!  He'd thank you for that if he could talk.

 Well let's get down to business!  We got the call yesterday afternoon and I'm getting transferred to Stillwater.  It still hasn't really hit me yet that I'm leaving though.  Haha I've been here so long that it doesn't feel like I can leave, even though I know I needed the change.  I was stopping by saying bye to a few families yesterday and plan to throughout the day today and man!  It feels like I'm saying goodbye all over again to my family as if I was leaving for my mission!  Norman's been good to me, I've loved serving here.  I know though that change is good and I'll learn a lot in Stillwater.  The area/zone I'm going to is one of the highest baptizing zone's in the mission, so I'm looking forward to teaching a lot and learning how to work with member effectively, because that's the reason why they're so successful.

The members in that stake are really missionary minded, and the stake president has a goal to have his stake be split because of the growth of their missionary efforts.  There was a missionary who came home and gave his homecoming talk this past Sunday, and he said something interesting in his talk.  He said "I hope that there's been something that' been said today that has given you a desire to change, because if it hasn't, then you've merely been entertained.  If you're not changed then you've only been entertained."  That really struck me because it's a really stark contrast but it's makes a really good point.  We can either allow a message to affect us and the decisions that we make, or we can let it be a nice flowery message that we enjoy and the effects wear off as soon as our thoughts are distracted by the next entertaining idea or message.  I feel the key difference on whether we allow a message or doctrine to either change us or merely entertain is whether or not we have an open heart and an open mind, with a spirit of humility about us.  Well I love all of you lots and look forward to talking to you on Mothers day!!

Elder Traasdahl


1. This is Paul Wognaku.  Convert to the church.  He's had 5 strokes, which has left him paralyzed and unable to talk.  He has the slight use of 1 arm so the way we communicate is we talk to him and he writes back his response on a piece of paper. He's from Africa and was a professor at OU before his health problems.  We would visit him and sing him hymns and read a chapter with him so he could have some influence of the spirit in his life.  He also speaks 3 languages, but can't use them.. pretty rough situation.




2. The Richichi family.  He's a computer wiz that's hooked us up when we've needed technical help in any trainings and she's a great cook that would always fill in the holes of our dinner calendar. Great family!



3. The Norman zone!




4. Elder Vance caught me about to sneeze. He got a fancy camera so he's been trigger happy the last few weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment