Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7, 2014~ I know for an absolute fact that this is not man's work, but it is the work of God!


Happy belated 4th!! I  enjoyed the pics that you were able to send Mom, and Hunter Banks sent some as well.  I'll keep working on keeping up my end of the bargain and sending some of my own!  Pops, thanks for your extended thoughts that you finished up from last week, they were great!  I can't add anything more to them other than an amen and a hallelujah.  Mom this week I did a little bit better health wise.  We're back on the wagon of running each morning, so we got a good mile in at 6 this morning.  Surprisingly I wasn't as dead either as I usually am, I could've gone maybe another 1/4-1/2 mile.  I'll be on the lookout for the package that you sent Mom.  I am excited for the MCO cd.  Elder Whitehead refuses to listen to any type of Mo tab or anything similar, so I'm going to take the opportunity to pull the "it's a gift from my Mom" card on him.  I'll be keeping you in my prayers too Aust as you're getting ready for the MCAT. That's exciting stuff!

Well this week was a blurr.  I feel like I was just barely sitting down to email you all.  I'm with Tyler in saying it was a reality check when we got the email from bishop about getting our topics for our homecoming talks.  We had an exchange with the Guthrie elders this week, and I was down there.  They don't have a car so I was able to get out on the bike and it felt good!  We also had MLC this past Tue.  Some of good friends gave their departing testimonies this go around.  One of the elders said something in his testimony that was pretty interesting.  He talked about testimony meetings and how they're always special because the spirit is so strong.  He then talked about the preexistence, and how during the war that was fought we fought it with the power of our word and testimony, not with sword or spear.  He then tied the two together and put forward the idea that the reason why testimony meetings are so spiritual is because they are moments when we have an opportunity to remember what it was like in the pre existence to fight the adversary and strengthen each other through our testimony.  It was an interesting topic to ponder about.

Anyways, this Sunday was wonderful!  #Miracles.  Sooo I don't know if this is a direct result or not, but for 1.) since my comp Elder Zerkle testified to me and help me understand the importance of paying fast offerings as a missionary, I've been sold ever since!  2.) Since then I've tried to repay the favor to all of my companions.  Yesterday Elder Whitehead and I both paid our fast offerings which is the first time he's paid during our companionship and not a few minutes after we hand the bishop our envelopes, in walks a part member family that we've had the hardest time getting in touch with to church!!  They gave excuse after excuse when we invited them nearly a month ago, and we hadn't brought it up since, but yesterday when we asked why they came they said "We felt the need to finally come."  They also have been reading the B.o.M every day.  This is Greg and Judy Kale by the way. The high priests in the ward wrapped their arms around Greg all three hours and he ate the whole thing up!  So we were stoked.  Also, yesterday elder Whitehead and I fasted for the Flowers family, a recent convert family that's been having a hard time coming to church.  They came in as well to church a few minutes before it started, and they brought an investigator of ours with them. Another mini miracle to share as well, Jason flowers manages a sonic in town, and he agreed that he would chat with two LA priests of the ward, prospective missionaries, and see if he could hire them on at Sonic and give them Sundays off!

Right now they're working on Sundays so that's why they can't come to church.  And last but not least, we taught on Saturday the Flowers best friends, Paul and Amy, and they've agreed to allow us to come over to their home and continue teaching them.  So the work continues!  Haha I know for an absolute fact that this is not man's work, but it is the work of God!  And I know that when we seek to engage in missionary work we are helping in the building of the kingdom of God!  I love y'all lots and will talk to you next week!


Elder Traasdahl

1. We were at a parade in Edmond, talkin with people and handing out otter pops!



2. Chillin in the truck watching fire works. Elder Balch is the one to my left mom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment