Good morning
Arizona! It was good to hear from you
this week! The first week of summer is
done and gone! Braden it sounds like
you're having a good ol' time babysitting! Enjoy the job! Mom I'm sure your lesson went really well. I enjoyed the photo that you sent me that you
used in the lesson. The church has
really stepped up it's game in the media department. And yes I have seen the Mormon Message about
bullying, it's super good! We've used it
a couple times for our dinner messages with families that have a lot of youth. Austin, keep up those smokin skills! Of meat that is... haha and keep on workin on
those wing recipes. And pops! Mom mentioned that you were going on a walk
this morning. What's the word on this
triathalon you wanted to try to do in October?
Well this
week, we had a pretty neat miracle. We
found the son of one of the active members of our ward, who's not a member! His name is Rick. Apparently he's been through lots of sets of
missionaries. He came to church this
Sunday, and in our gospel principles class it was father (Rick) son (Rick Jr.)
WML who taught the class, and 4 missionaries.
Haha so our WML, Br. Murray, essentially focused the whole lesson on
Rick Jr. and in so many words said "why haven't you been dunked yet?"
Our sacrament meeting yesterday was
really good too. Every testimony in one way or another testified of Christ as
their Savior. Except one little boy who
walked up there and bore testimony how it's ok to lie sometimes, because his
mom lied to and old woman to help her think she was safe. Funny enough the little boy was the son of a
member of the stake presidency, who was sitting on the stand.
This past
Saturday I had the opportunity to go back to a baptism in Norman, for a girl
named Annie Witter. I didn't mention
much about her while I was in Norman, because I only taught her twice. She has a really neat story though. She was intro'd to the gospel by her boyfriend
at age 16. Her parents said she had to
wait till she was 17 to get baptized, to make sure it was her decision, and not
a romantic decision. 17 came around, and
her parents said she had to wait till she was 18. May 30th was her 18th bday,
and she was baptized May 31st. Throughout the whole time her family wouldn't
come to church or talk to members or missionaries. However, her family came to the baptism! Annie bore her testimony after she was
baptized, and she said some things that hit home. She said "If I had a nickle for every
time in my life that I've felt whole, complete, and adequate, and worth
something, then today I could tell you that I would have one nickle. Because today I took upon myself the name of
Christ and promised to follow him for the rest of my life. I know too that this is his church, the Church
of Jesus Christ, of Latter-Day Saints."
It made me
sad to see that she didn't feel adequate most of her life, however what she
said deepened my understanding of a principle of the gospel. It's
in making and keeping our covenants that we receive a fullness of joy! The promises we make with God are meant to
enable us and help us become better people, not burden us down with tasks and
restrictions. We can recognize our divine worth and potential when we choose to
respect each promise we make with God. What
a blessing it is that we have the opportunity to do so! Could you imagine what life would be like if
we didn't have that chance? Man! Talk
about being tossed to and fro. Anyways,
I also am so grateful for and know of the special blessings of strong family
relationships. I love you all so much,
and am grateful for all the help you've been to me! Keep on keepin on! Love ya

No comments:
Post a Comment