Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June 23, 2014~ The time came or me to give my departing testimony

Another week has come and gone!  Yay for Austin getting another shift at work! $$$ :) $$$ Moving up in the world.  Good to hear that you and Branden made it through scout camp!  The scout troop here just had their scout camp also and they didn't fair as well.... They had come back with their boys having a chipped tooth, a lost tooth, a broken nose, and a few burns. #okiestatus   Mom it doesn't sound like you're going to be able to handle an empty nest very well, a silent home is not for you! It looks like you and Dad are going to have to serve some senior couple missions!  Italy perhaps??  

Well this week we stuck to our word and we were out and about!  We parked our truck and were walking around and in the first 10 min Elder Whitehead said "Wow, is this what real missionaries feel like?"  Haha I about slapped him upside the head!  It was pretty classic though, it was a lovely 98 degrees with probably 90% humidity (I don't know the humidity for sure, that's a wild guess.  All I know though is that it was HUMID) and Mr. AZ was drippin buckets but at least used to sweating a ton while out in the heat.  So it didn't bother me much.  Elder Whitehead though is a born and raised Idaho boy that hasn't had a summer day get over 90.  So it was safe to say he was red as a beat and we got pitty points as we talked to people.  The tactic worked pretty well for us actually!

We had zone conference this Thursday and that was great, as they always are.  The time came or me to give my departing testimony.  I've gotten comfortable standing up in front large groups of missionaries and give trainings, or district meetings, but standing at the pulpit and having to give a talk or bear me testimony still gives me the willies!  I don't see the difference between the two but it's something I know I'm going to need to work at!  President Bowman, the stake president of the Stillwater Stake, gave a training at our zone conference on 3 words:  Remember, Ponder, and Receive.  Those 3 words are used repeated throughout the scriptures and he broke em down to what they really mean.  I don't have my notes on me, but one of the points I remember was that one of the reasons the lord always counsels us to remember is because it's a principle of humility.  He then mentioned this chain of thought.

All sin is rooted in selfishness.  Selfishness is an accomplice (he didn't use that word, but that's the only synonym I can think of) to pride.  Humility is the antidote to pride.  That is why the Lord counsels us to remember it.   Anyways, interesting concept to think about.  I'll leave ya with a scripture I found this week.  D&C 88:40 "For intelligence cleaveth unto intelligence; wisdom receiveth wisdom; truth embraceth truth; virtue loveth virtue; light cleaveth unto light; mercy have compassion on mercy and claimeth her own; justice continueth its course and claimeth its own; judgement goeth before the face of him who sitteth upon the throne and governeth and executeth all things.”   My thoughts on it were, ‘what do I cleave unto, receive, embrace, love, claim, continue in and claim as my own? What am I governed by and do I according to those things I know to be true?’  I knew if looked around myself then I’d be able to see the answers to those questions!  I love you all so much and am greatful for all that you do for me! Thank you for your prayers and support!


Elder Traasdahl



No comments:

Post a Comment