Traazy clan!
As you call yourselves on that packages
that come from the good state of AZ! Haha
what a blessing it was to be able to talk with you all! What a blessing it was that we talked for an
hour. There were other missionaries who
called for much longer than that, and even here members who have children on
missions that talked with them for hours on end. I know that we were all blessed for being
obedient. I won't lie though, I do look
forward to the day we get do sit in our living room and talk the night away
swapping memories!
This week we
were able to find some new people to teach. It's a couple named Holly and Thomas. We OYM'ed them as we were getting out of a car
to go visit a semi active member. He's
retired Air Force and she's I don't know what. Haha. Actually I do know, she's a less active church
of Christ member. We taught a first and
she didn't take too kindly to the Joseph Smith story, but Thomas was really
interested in the Book of Mormon. When we set a return appt they asked for us
to come back a month and a half from now. We'll stop by then, but we'll definitely stop
by sooner. We also met a man while out
walking named Michael. I walked up to
him and asked "How are you today?" ...."Good " ....
"Did you have a Merry Christmas?" (no response for a good 5 seconds,
just a stare) so I said again "Did you have a good Christmas?" He then began to tell us how he had a terrible
Christmas and is having marriage issues.
We were able to say a prayer with
him and testify of the healing power of Christ. We went back Saturday and found out he had
been kicked out of his house. We got his
new address and we're going back tonight.
On the
missionary front, we had a District Leader Counsel and gave a mini training on
the stripling warriors and what they did to succeed, even though they were
young and inexperienced. Elder Burr and I are having a STM and we've felt
prompted to give the training on the Doctrine of Christ, specifically the
atonement. At times I feel inadequate to
do the job, but I fight those thoughts off because even though I know no man
will ever be able to comprehend the atonement, the best way to gain
understanding is through personal experience, and what a blessing too, that'll
be in my life! So I'm welcoming this
opportunity. There's lots more thoughts
swimming around, but, time is short and they’re not organized. I do appreciate however the advice and counsel
that you all have shared with me this week. It's been such a help and blessing. These
words on this computer screen do a poor job at expressing that but it'll
have to do. I love you all and will
continue to pray for you! Thank you for your prayers! I can feel the strength
of them. Love you!
Elder
Traasdahl
1. Christmas
Eve at the Shumways
2. I can't believe how far mine craft has gone...
3. Oranges!
Some how fresh navels from Mesa sounded better than Emergency vitamins.
No comments:
Post a Comment