Friday, June 20, 2014

February 3, 2014 ~ True doctrine, understood, changes attitude and behavior

Top 'o the mornin to ya chaps and chapesses!  Haha sounds like you've lived and loved another great week! It's great to hear that you're makin 8 mile runs dad!  The other week we went on a run for the heck of it and I surprised myself by actually handling a mile ok.  Running stadiums at OU seems to be paying off!  I'll have to work my way up to 8 though…  Braden's new nick name is BFG, big friendly giant.  We'll have to wrestle come September.   Shoot you'll probably be taller than the both Tyler and I by that time!  Mom thanks for your thoughts on the temple, and sharing that story from Aunt Megan.  Sounds like you're Mr. Entrepreneur Aust!  Delta Decal.  When B man goes on his mish you'll have your own little store next to Poppy's!  haha.

Well what a week folks, what a week. The weather has been nuts, snowin like we live in a winter wonderland. From what the members tell us it should continue to snow throughout the week. I'm getting good practice on how to drive in the snow!  We've had a close call here 'n there but we're still alive!  haha.  We had a lesson this week that I'm struggling to find a descriptive word for.  It was so neat!  But that doesn't do it justice at all, whatsoever.  I hope in past emails I've told you about the man we've been trying to work with, named Andrew, and how we first found him.  From that experience we knew he had desire for more direction in life.  Finally this week we were able to sit down with him, while he wasn't drunk, and teach him the Plan of Salvation.  He's had a suicide and a death within his immediate family, and his wife had a suicide in her family as well.  We placed the cut-outs on the floor and began teaching and he asked all the questions a missionary would want an investigator to ask.  Half way through the lesson a buddy of his came in and sat down with us.  Andrew stopped the lesson, turned to Chris, his buddy, and began to teach Chris what he had just learned!  He taught it as well as any of us did. We then got to the spirit world, jugdement, resurrection, and the kingdoms of glory.

 After we taught he said, "It makes sense. I need to do this (pointing to the Doctrine of Christ pieces) because that's what Christ teaches us to do to get back to heaven. If I do this work and show my faith then I'll go here (pointing to the Celestial Kingdom) with my family forever."  I was surprised that he had said knew he'd be there with his family forever, because not once did we mention it.  It was evidence to us that the spirit was present, and that it can teach us without us ever having to say the words.  We then talked again about the importance of living like Christ wants us to, and invited him to follow in Christ's footsteps and be baptized on Mar. 1st. He said "Man. It would be an honor. (amidst tears sniffles) I don't know why I feel like this but I feel so good all over.  I feel happy."  It was such a sacred experience to be a part of.  That night Andrew drew closer to his savior.

Elder Packard in PMG has a quote that says "True doctrine, understood, changes attitude and behavior."  I know this gospel is true, and all truth and all doctrine of the kingdom of God is found within the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  As we hear, learn, understand, and apply, we'll become!  I love this gospel. It is the source of joy!

As far as transfers goes I'm staying here, and my new comp will be Elder Vance.  This will be his first transfer as a zone leader, but he's been out a transfer longer than me.  I'm really looking forward towards this next transfer. We've got a goal of 70 baptisms for the month of February, and it's going to happen!  Thanks for you constant love and support! You're the best :) Love you!
Elder Traasdahl.



Running stadiums at OU


Who ordered this weather!?

No comments:

Post a Comment