Friday, June 20, 2014

Dec. 17, 2013 ~ Surprise! There really are Mormons in Norman

Okie Dayyy!!!   They say here if you don't like they weather then just wait.  Because it changes so often.  Haha just last week we were talking about how cold it was and this week we're in the 50's.  I don't understand it!  It's a joy to hear from you though.  It sounds like y'all are stayin busy busy busy as ever!   Mom that tree was huge! and awesome! You should pack that tree up in a box and send it to us. We need one of those in our apartments!  Mom sent me a picture of you in your recital Braden!  I wish I could've been there but I know you did great!  I also read quickly in Bishop's email that the ward went and did temple baptisms, and that 40 somethin youth showed up?!  That's incredible!

Well here's our week in a nutshell.  Find find find.  We're lookin for the elect y'all!  (We talked with a woman the other evening who said y'all after every other sentence, it was pretty funny.)  We set a goal to visit 1-2 members a day/evening and find out what their missionary efforts are, & ask them what ways we can help them in their efforts.  From there we'd seek to build faith and make appropriate invitations to invite friends or family who aren't members to do something with them, outside of church.  We also have been going through the ward roster and going to all the names that we don't know.  It's been interesting to say the least.  We've found members who are trying to fly under the radar, those who don't want to be on the rolls, those who "didn't know there were Mormons in Norman",  and on and on.  Haha,  but we've also ran into some awesome part-member families that we didn't know about! 

One is the Blouch family.  We just had a porch visit, and they're out of town now, but we're going back later this week to visit with them.  We were at Jason and Angela's house (PM/LA family) this weekend having dinner and they had a friend over who met with missionaries a few years back.  He lives in the city, so we won't be the ones to teach him, but we were able to rekindle the flame of interest and he'll be meeting with missionaries sometime soon.  We're continuing to pray and act in faith!

This week in my Doctrine of Christ studies I moved on to repentance.  The question I asked myself as I studied this topic was "why is daily repentance necessary?"  In the bible dictionary something that stuck out to me was the definition it gave.  The first line it gives is "The Greek word of which this is the translation denotes a change of mind, a fresh view about God, oneself, and about the world."  Repentance changes our thoughts!  Well no duhhh, I've heard that before, but it struck me this time differently.  Our thoughts are so terribly important, because they influence all that we do.  That's why we we're commanded by Christ "Look unto me in every though. Doubt not. Fear not."  D&C 6:36.  As we repent daily, we'll continue to have a fresh view on life, on God, and ourselves. We'll be able to purify our thoughts, which will purify our actions.  What a blessing it is that we have the opportunity to repent every day!   I love each you, and am grateful for you!   May you have a blessed week.

Elder Traasdahl

P.S   I'm staying in Norman with Elder Burr another transfer. Haha almost forgot to tell ya. I get to send him home.  This one should go better than last time.



1. Missionary Christmas Tree


2. Santa's helper

 3. Service project after our ward Christmas party. I was the the tape cutter. #epic



4. Santa's sleigh, 2013 version


No comments:

Post a Comment