Tuesday, June 24, 2014

March 31, 2014~ This week we was a good week.


Goooooood morning Arizona!  Well my time is short this morning, we got roped into helping a companionship of sisters move into their new apartment this afternoon, so I've gotta be lickity split about this!  Why someone chose to move on p-day?  Beats me.

It was great to hear from everyone though! B dog, sounds like you're going to be the next David Archuletta atta kid!! whooo rahhh!! Really though that's great to hear that people are recognizing the talents that you've got!  Let em shine sonny let em shine!  Mom and Dad it sounds like you're busy as ever!  Isn't it great though to have something to do?  Haha and yes Mom, I've lost count how many times I've walked into a house and it has reeked to high heaven.  It's terrible too but I've started to get used to the smell of smoke as well.  That's something that I won't miss that's for sure. Austin the decals are still working great for me. I'll let you know if I ever have any other ideas for them or some orders of the same one.

This week we was a good week. It wasn't without it's bumps and bruises, but it was still a good week.  We had our zone conference and that was great.  We received some wonderful council and guidance on ways we can improve our missionary efforts and also rely on the Lord. President Walkenhorst  gave a training on the Atonement and Sister Walkenhorst  gave a training on relying on the Lord.  Her main message that hit home with a lot of missionaries was rather than pray to have our circumstances be changed for us, pray to have to capacity and ability to change our circumstances ourselves.  It really helped because it shifted the mentality of "God will do all the work" to "I'm going to do all I can, and God will strengthen me all along the way."

We received a referral this week from another companionship in the zone for a man named Eric, who has some wonderful desires and potential.  He just got out of gang life and moved from LA to here.  He's looking to change his life and wants to be baptized and pattern his life after Christ.  We visited with him once for a short while, and haven't been able to get back since, but we do have a appt set up with him for Wed, so we're excited for that!

Last night we an awesome lesson with a couple named Matt and Alli.  We visited with Matt about a month ago and taught him the restoration, and have struggle since to sit down with the both of them, until last night!  We re-taught the restoration since it was Alli's first time visiting with us.  She took to the Book of Mormon really well.  You could tell she was interested and excited to learn how reading the B.o.M could benefit her in her life.  We also put an emphasis on prophets and general conference coming up this weekend, and they committed to coming to at least 1 session of general conference!  So they're another family we're really excited for.

Another quick update, tonight we're going to the Shinn family and laying it straight with them and we're going to set a date with Seth and Emily for the 31st of May.  I know it's a ways away, but the hope there is that there's enough time in there that it'll give Br. Shinn the motivation to get married within that time so that he'll be able to receive the priesthood!  So if you could keep a prayer in your heart today for our lesson tonight that would be much appreciated :)

Last but not least, this week I've been studying a lot about humility.  Heavenly Father has been trying to teach me over and over that when things aren't going right, the only thing you can control are your own actions.  You can either act or be acted upon.  In Chp 6 of PMG, under the Humility section, it references you to Alma 32:1-16. This is where Alma and Amulek go and preach among the apostate Zoramites.  He's preaching to a multitude, who aren't listening, when a man from another group, who was poor in heart, asked, "what shall these my brethen do?" vs 6 specifically says "And now, when Alma heard this, he turned him about, his face immediately towards him, and he beheld with great joy; for he behold that their afflictions had truly humbled them, and that they were in a preparation to hear the word."  I know that as we seek to humble ourselves, and allow of "afflictions" to humble us, we will be prepared to hear the word of God, which then has the power to inspire us and motivate us to take the actions necessary that can help us change our situation and control what is within our control.  There's lots more I wish to share, but the sisters are calling us and we're needed to help move now. I love you all and you're in my prayers!

Love,

Elder Traasdahl

I wasn't sure if I sent this one home or not last week, but it was from the wedding a few weeks ago as well. They asked us to do a crazy picture, and I didn't know what to do...

President Walkenhorst standing next to our stake president, President Satterwaight


No comments:

Post a Comment