Friday, June 20, 2014

Jan. 27, 2014 ~ Through Small and Simple Means


Dun du du, another one bites the dust!  That's just how the weeks seem to go here!  Haha, K so this is real time action right here.  Over at the help desk, not 15 feet away from me, the two college students assigned there are chit chatting away about Mormons and all the "well I've heard" and "well my friend said this" "but didn't they this?" and so on.  Classic!  Did you know we can't drink caffeine?  And the people who are Mormon but don't follow our rules get shunned, like the Amish.  Haha don't worry, I'm strapped with mormon.org cards and lets just say we'll make it rain!  Clear up some of this foolishness.

Back to business.  Great to hear about all y'alls weeks!  What a blessing you were able to go to the open house (Gilbert Temple) and have it work out the way it did!  That’s neat to hear about your decal side business Aust!  And Braden!  Let me tell you what.  You're having such awesome experiences right now!  The concert this weekend you get to go to with the family will be a good one!  

This week is was really neat, we were able to see watch the Lord work in a man's life from multiple different angles.  Last Sunday we went to a lunch appt and arrived a few min. early so we knocked a few doors around the members home.  We talked to a man who has his PhD in Chemistry, Rob Thompson, if I remember right and teaches at OU.  He was great friends with the members we were about to have lunch with.  He told us he wasn't religious at all so we had a good discussion on truth and what it is, and the importance prayer plays in finding out truth.  We asked if we could come by another time to share our message but he said he no.  We told the member family, the Drayton's about our experience, and they mentioned they felt prompted for a while now to give his wife a B.o.M.  But wait, it doesn't end there!  We were at dinner a few days later with another family, the Manors.  Br. Manor in the middle of dinner said "Elders, I have a missionary story I have to share with you!"  He is working on his PhD at OU, and was at school early one morning.  He was in his office and prayed "Heavenly Father, I know you're there, but to help further assure my knowledge, give me a missionary moment today, and I promise I'll share the gospel."  He then proceeded with his day.  In the afternoon he was chit chattin with one of his professors and his professor brought up how the other day the "guys in suits" came to his door, and proceeded to hop on the band wagon and talk about all the 'different' things they believe in.  Little did he know Br. Manor was a Mormon!  So Br. Manor said, "Well guess what? I belong to that church" and began to teach!  Haha it was awesome.  Even better, his professor began to ask him all the questions he always wondered about the Mormon church. Guess who his professor was? Rob Thompson.  We couldn't believe it!  Isn't that so awesome!  God works, and he is so aware of our lives!!!  I don't know what Rob Thompson is up to now, or when he'll accept the gospel, but he's ever so closer because of the small and simple means which the Lord worked, through his servants!  I know that this is His work!  What a blessing that we get to be engaged in it, ALL OF OUR LIVES!! Thanks for you prayers and support.
Love,

Elder Traasdahl




We had a fireside with the model of Jesus for Liz Lemon Swenson, a christian painter.


I guess it's true, Tyler's Buzz and I'm Woody




We were doin some serious work on those strawberries


Some dogs we saw


No comments:

Post a Comment