Hola
familia! I don't know why but this week
has taken some time to pass by. I forgot
to tell you last week but in the month of December our mission had a goal of 50
baptisms, and we got 57! It was really
exciting. This month, for January,
President Walkenhorst has set the goal for 70. It's going to be a push to get there, but I
know it's attainable. As a zone we
really want to contribute, so we doing all we can to encourage the missionaries
to seek ways to improve and repent and qualify ourselves for those blessings of
baptisms!
Remember
Michael? The man I told you about last week? I was on an exchange with another
elder this weekend and we had a lesson with him and we set a baptism date with
him for Feb. 22nd! On Saturday we were
asked to help a family move into the ward. While at the apartment complex we were waiting
for a second trailer to come. Across the
street there was a different couple moving out of their apartment, and they
only had one truck. They knew a member
that was with us so the member went over and struck up a conversation and asked
if they would like help. They politely
declined, but the member persisted and they then accepted the help. A trailor and 4 trucks beds full later we made
a big dent in their boxes they needed moved and the couple was very grateful
for the help. We asked if we could come
by later on in the week to share a message with them of Christ and they said
yes!
There was also a man named Ricky, that Elder
Burr found while on exchanges and we've talked since a few times, yet haven’t
been able to have a sit down lesson. We're going over tonight with a member and he
should be there though. As I've been on my mission the more and more I'm
convinced and my knowledge has been solidified that this is not the work of any
mortal man, and this is not the church of any man, but it is the work of
Heavenly Father and savior Jesus Christ. There have been too many evidences, or tender
mercy's, for this to be any church or work other than our Heavenly Father's and
Jesus Christ's. I've been doing a better
job at recording these tender mercy's and miracles and it's really been a
blessing in my life. There's nothing
better than helping someone enter the waters of baptism and receive the gift of
the Holy Ghost. However I can't describe
to you the joy I felt as I saw B. Shinn, a LA member we've been trying to get
to come to church now for a month, walk in last Sunday and sit down next to us,
or as we took Gabriel Arredondo, a recent convert of a month or so, to a lesson
and see him bear his testimony and feel the spirit that accompanied his
testimony, or the joy that comes from hearing an investigator couple that's
been living together for 8 years tell us that they're going to get married! If we are seeking for more joy, share the
gospel. Because the gospel is the only
source of joy that will not fade or diminish. It's everlasting! I love you all, and am grateful for all your
prayers, letters, and support!! Keep on
keepin on!
Elder
Traasdahl
Happy New Year! 2014!
No comments:
Post a Comment