It's seriously a happy day when missionary letters come in the mail. To get two of them is like a double Christmas or getting double birthday presents without having to age twice as fast. The Elders Traasdahl have done well their first week at the MTC and learned so much. Among other comments here's a few that did indeed catch my attention:
9-7-2012
Elder P. Traasdahl said, "Sooo, two days down and 700 something to go! Ya know, I've heard the saying on your mission a day feels like a month and a month a day, and so far, these first few days have been so stinking long. Waking up at 6:30 is bearable, but then staying awake for the next 15 hours is the challenge..."
"I get to see Tyler a few times a day, mostly at breakfast and dinner. He's lovin it. Haha he's not just survivin' he's thrivin'."
9-11-12
In a letter to Austin he wrote, "Isn't it crazy how real the role playing feels when it's your teacher?! It caught me by surprise the first time. But that, I think, is my favorite part of this MTC stay. So far, in role playing I get nervous before and at the beginning, but I finally let go in the middle, let the spirit take over, and it's amazing!"
He closed out his last letter with this gem: "The Gospel is amazing. No other church would trust a bunch of crazy 19 year olds with it's message of redemption and salvation than Christs' own!"
No comments:
Post a Comment