One day last week I was struck with great emotion as I opened our mailbox. A big lump gathered in my throat and tears wanted to make themselves known when I saw a package for Braden. A loved one in Ohio realized it might have been really hard for this boy to see two Big brothers leave all at once. When Braden got home from school that day he had such a big smile on his face as he opened the package. When he saw the contents he said in his most chipper voice,
"It's a miracle. I've been wanting some treats all day."
But the biggest treat of all was the note that was enclosed from his 12 year old cousin:
"Hi Braden, I know that must be hard for you to have your brothers off on their mission. But remember that God is with them and you. I don't think he would let anything bad happen to them."

No comments:
Post a Comment