Thursday, May 15, 2014

Nov. 18, 2013 ~ Be ready to give a reason for the light and joy found within ~

It's a beautiful day in Norman, OK!  I haven't had a week like the one I've had in quite some time.  With Elder Burr coming to the area of course I had to take over the area, and I haven't had to do that for a solid 6 months.  It was a good change of pace.  I learned a lesson or two, or 5 on ways to be a more effective, efficient, & organized planner so all is well!

 Elder Burr has been patient as well, and that's been a blessing. Elder Burr's a good missionary.  We've been getting along well thus far.  He's from Burrville, UT too. Half the members here don't believe him when he says that, it's pretty funny.  He says though that you can google maps it and it shows up. 16 people live in his town.  This week however it's been neat to see how the Lord has worked through my amazing weaknesses to continue to get the work done!  Haha we went to go see a LA member that we got from the ward boundary changes.  We've never met him and his records are somewhere else, but we had a # and potential address.  I got the address and then 30 second later as we walk to the apartment building (not knowingly, it  lead us to the wrong apartment (which I thought was the right one) and knocked on the door, and asked for Nathan.  Well a big Black woman opens the door, and she's clearly not Nathan and he doesn't live there.  As we talked with her however we found out she's searched for truth in religion and has read some of the Book of Mormon on her own! So we're going back this Wednesday evening with our Elder's Quorum President to share the restoration with her.  The concern she left with us on the door was the "skin of blackness" curse, and she feels we think she's cursed.  However I'm fully confident once she understands  that Christ's church is on the earth today, and that we have prophet, her heart with soften and that concern will go away.

 Last night we had a lesson with Mark Whatley as well and we went over the baptismal interview questions, and so far he's good to go! He was able to meet President Walkenhorst last night at a baptism we all attended for the OU sisters, and they okie talked for a bit.  All that is left is to have him be interviewed and to get the details figured out for his baptism.  Also, this past week I only got 1 migraine!  It was a wonderful blessing.  This Thursday we have the privilege of listened to Elder Craig A. Cardon of the 70, he's coming and touring our mission!  That evening as well we're going to have a dinner with him as an MLC and he'll be training us afterwards. I'm looking forward to a good chastisement and rebuke.  Our mission needs it.  Jacob 1:19 I came across that yesterday in my studies.  Jacob teaches us importance of being diligent in magnifying the callings we have. Whether it be our church callings, or our callings to be a friend, brother, mother, or father. Keep on sharing the gospel, and always be ready to give a reason for the light and joy that is found within you! Loooovvveeeee y'aaaallll!!

Elder Traasdahl

No comments:

Post a Comment