What a week, what a week, jeez! Can't believe I'm already emailing you guys again. First off I want to thank Sis. Halcomb for her wonderful email, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Just so she knows, Enid OK is one of the highest baptizing areas in the mission right now, and has been for a while. I got the bday package, it was awesome! I know have like two and a half boxes of EmergenC, soooo I finally am gettin on top of it and for the last 3 days I've had one each morning! haha. And hey! I didnt know you were sending out THAT watch! I was stoked! when I saw it. I only where if for special occasions, like meetings and church. Gotta keep it nice. And don't worry, I definitely rep the ASU shirt. That made my day too. As you can tell from the picture I sent, we got the other elders in ward pretty good with the silly string you sent.
And Mom don't worry, that girl that you ran into from ASU at jury duty, I betcha Austin's gonna run into her now, just you watch! We had a stellar week this week. Oh wait gotta tell ya before I forget for the 3rd week in a row, last month we had 44 baptisms! Which is awesome for 3 reasons.
1. Set a mission record for baptisms in a month.
2. Previous average was 25 and
3. Now that we know we can get 44 we can't go back!
Our vision is still 100 baptisms a month, so we can only go up! With that said I've forgot to mention each week that we've been doing a lot of baptism interviews. Our zone had 5 of those baptisms, and I did 3 of those interviews. Two were a couple, K. and C., and the third was a native american named J. C's was my favorite. She's a black woman that LOVES LOVES LOVES Jesus. And she makes it known. Haha I only had that interview with her but she's for sure one of my favorite people.
Back to our week though. We had a ward party, and H. showed up with a friend and their kids. We weren't expecting them to show, but they did, so it was game on! We actually didn't have to do a thing, the ward took care of it all, which was perfect. They introduced themselves and talked with her and helped her feel welcomed. She also came to church this Sunday too! Now she walked out with her family 45 min into sacrament meeting, and we don't know why, but our WML is neighbors and he talked with her so we're gonna go find out tonight.
We haven't been able to get in touch with M. because she's been real sick as of late. We called her though and we should be having a lesson with her this week. Oh and check it out. We might be getting a 3rd set of missionaries here. They'd go down to Waurika and cover all the small towns around there. We gave the idea to the Assistants and we'll see where it goes from there. We also got a referral from a member this week to teach his girlfriend. She's a Messianic Jew, and is extremely well versed in her Old Testament knowledge. We'll be teaching her at the stake president's home. We're excited for the lesson. I know that there's no way I'm gonna "best" her, or anyone really in my knowledge of the scriptures, so it'll be yet again another opportunity for me to realize my own nothingness and rely upon the strength of God and to teach by the power of the spirit! Alma 31:5 talks about that though, how powerful an effect the word of God can have on the hearts of us, the children of God. Came across that one the other day.
BY the way, you'd be happy to hear that I've done a much better job at writing in my journal. And it makes a difference. I'm still trying to pin point how and why, at least personally, but I can tell a difference. And lastly, that's really exciting to hear that Michelle is getting baptized! There's nothing better than seeing some that you've worked with for a while, and witnessed their spiritual progression enter the waters of baptism. Don't let it end there though. Continue to be her friend and help her learn and grow, because the ultimate goal isn't baptism, but the temple! Baptism is just the gate. I love each and every one you! Thanks for you examples. And your prayers. There can't be enough said about the power of prayer.
Love,
Elder Traasdahl
No comments:
Post a Comment