You want to know what is good though? The good news of the Gospel! Before we get into that though, I want to give a shout out to Uncle Eric and Aunt Marcy! Thanks for you emails! They gave me an extra boost to my sails, I hope you know that! Aust I hope school and work is going good for you. B dog way to keep things rolling in scouts! Don't follow the example of your elder twin brothers and wait till you were almost 18. Get your eagle as soon as possible! Less of a pain that way. Haha. Dad! You're gettin trim check it out! And mom, your email definitely felt like it was a party.
Well we couldn't email yesterday. The library was closed, but yesterday we were able to have our zone pday and specialzed training meeting. We trained on the principles of gospel leaders. Prepare spiritually, participate in councils, minister to others, teach the gospel, and administer the gospel! Only two of the 16 elders in our zone knew what they were, so it was very educational for them. Since Elder Lott and I have been with each other for forever now we gel real well, so I feel like the training went off without a hitch. Really spiritual.
Mom you had asked about T. She's doing really good! Her biggest issues right now is not having a job. Since she has hours upon hours of nothing to do, her mind is her biggest enemy. If she gets a job and is occupied though it'll really help. Not to mention the financial bonus. She's kept true to the W.o.W, minus one day of drinking coffee since we taught her it. Tomorrow we're going to do the Stop Smoking Workshop, to keep her on track for the 14th of Sept. Not sure it that will still hold, we may have to bump it back a week or two.
I had a neat insight this week I'd like to share too. It comes from the book of St John, and it's right after Christ has the sacrament with his disciples and washes their feet. He then gives them this commandment. Chapter 13 verses 34-35. "A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another, as I have loved you, that ye also love one another, 35. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." Of couse we've all heard this a million times, but what stuck out to me is that we're not only meant to love others, but how. We're commanded to love everyone in the very same way that God loves us. I then reflected on the love of God that I have felt in my life, and then the love that I give to others. The love of God has motivated me to do things that I never wanted to do on my own, nor ever thought I could. If we love others with that same love, imagine all the good that could be done! No wonder Christ gave that commandment. After all those thoughts came together I realized that I could do better at loving people, and having it be more genuine.
Thank you for all your prayers and support, especially for my health. Haha I loved Aunt Erin's letter when she mentioned that Madi made sure to pray for my migraines. Made me smile! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you! The church is true. Jesus Christ lives. He loves you.
Elder Traasdahl
No comments:
Post a Comment