Friday, September 27, 2013

It's been a week...

It's just not right now how fast these weeks are flying by. It really did seem like just yesterday I was sitting here at this computer talking to y'all telling you about the week!  Now here it goes again. It's been a week, that's for sure.  Lots of road bumps.  We'll get to that though.  That's so exciting to hear Michelle got baptized!!  
... I'm glad you got my memory card.  Elder Lott is probably one of my favorite companions I've had.  Transfer calls are this next Sunday, so next email we'll know what's happening.  And I have no idea what's happening either.  It's all up in the air.  President Walkenhorst is nothing like President Taylor when it comes to transfers.
 
... Well like I said, this week we've had a lot of road bumps. We had a lesson with M., and it was a follow up on the Law of Chastity.  To sum it up, it went south... The silver lining however is that she called us not 30 minutes afterwards, apologized &, and asked us to come back the next week.  So we haven't lost her. 
 
We also met with R. last night, at the W's home (her potential mother and father in laws.)  She's the Messianic Jew.  We got into a really in depth conversation about the priesthood, all the offices of the Melchizedek priesthood, and so on and so forth.  It was mainly led by Br. W., annnnnnd it was definitely meat before the milk.  Hard part is, R's intellectually capable to understand it all.  Yet we're still trying to help her have that desire to get on her knees and ask God if it's true.  I may turn into a broken record, but because of the experiences thus far in my life, and all the people that I've been able to meet with and teach, I've learned and can't emphasize enough how important having a desire to know the truth is to receiving an answer to the truth.  And not just a weak, feeble, passing desire.  But one that consumes your soul and inspires you to act!  A desire that will push you to change your wrongs into rights. 
 
I'm super stoked too for General Conference in two weeks!! The world needs the counsel, guidance, and direction from the Lord's servants now more than ever.  And we need to listen and obey! Well I love you all, thanks for you emails of love and support!  It's always a joy and bright spot in my week to get to hear from you. Continue to hold fast to the iron rod, because the mists of darkness will only get thicker and darker.  Love you! 

Elder Traasdahl

 

No comments:

Post a Comment