Can we just take a moment really quick and reflect on how AMAZING!!!!!!!! last night was??? Boy howdy! I'm telling you what, that was an answer to who knows how many prayers. I loved it! We just witnessed another sign that the Lord is truly hastening his work. If people really do apply what was talked about last night, then miracles are gonna happen! Not that they're not happening already, but why would we not want a multitude of miracles!?
Hey and bdog! Did you see that video they played during that opening hymn? With that family all doing small acts of missionary work? Did you see that 8 year old boy invite his friend to his baptism? Missionary work applies to everyone! You can never start too soon! Coming away from that meeting #1) I was walking on Cloud 9 (not even sure what that expression means I just wanted to use it.. haha) and #2) it reminded me of a scripture. Alma. 29. verses 9-10. It's Alma the younger talking, and he's writing and trying to tell everyone what brings him the most joy in life. Like Tyler's letter last week. It says "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, (going forth and preaching the gospel aka sharing the gospel), and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul (notice it says soul, not souls, or multitudes, or cities or towns, just soul. Your friend. Neighbor. Classmate. Relative.) to repentance; and this is my joy. vs 10. And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me." We find joy in the work because we get to play a role in helping our brothers and sisters come closer to our Savior. Like Elder Perry talked about last night.
Okay, well for our week. It's the final countdown for President and Sister Taylor. Really sad but they served diligently, and it's time for them to start a new phase of their lives. Didn't get to say goodbye to them really, but that's ok. It's not like I'll never see them again. And I'm really excited to get to meet President and Sister Walkenhorst in the upcoming weeks. Our mission is entering an exciting time of the work and it'll be really cool to see the Lord's hand in it all! We got to meet with M. again this week. We taught a solid lesson on keeping the sabbath day holy, because church attendance is something the mission struggles with in general. So we decided to get the ball rolling early! Had a great lesson and we were positive that she was going to show up, and come Sunday their car breaks down.... The miracle of the day though we were in ward council and were asking who they thought would be a good female fellowshipper and we got nothin. After wards the ward seminary teacher walks up to us and she said "The spirits been working on me and I know that I need to be the one to fellowship this woman. Let me know what I need to." It was so cool! So that's going well.
Another miracle we had happened while we were out finding. We were biking around (in 95 degree weather, safe to say I was sweating buckets) and this guy pulled up behind us and stopped us. Said he's on the clock so didn't have much time but wanted a pamphlet to learn more because he has family that's mormon and JW, and he's never understood what the Mormons believed. I'm like "wait is this really happening?!" Because no one ever stops us out here. Haha we've gotta stop them! Anyways I get a hold of myself, gave him a Book of Mormon and Restoration pamphlet, bore a 30 sec testimony about it and Elder Lott got his name and gave him our number. He drove off, we're stoked, and then we realized we forgot to get his number. So we're praying he gets a hold of us again! You live and you learn.
Anyways I love you guys, thanks for all you do. Know that you're in my prayers, and let me know if Elder T can ever do anything for ya!
Love,
Elder Traasdahl
Weather in Oklahoma.
"Some Crazy cool cloud we saw on a drive we had to the City"
"Found this gem while I was reading during lunch."
OK - I have to confess... I used to be the mom that would slip a note in my sons lunch sacks to try to bring a smile to their face when they were away at school. So why would I stop just because they were going to be gone longer than one meal? Before my two missionaries zipped up there luggage and hauled it off to the MTC, I wrote little notes and secretly slipped them in to all sorts of books and pockets, etc, so they would be randomly discovered. Kind of made me smile to think that one of those notes was enjoyed.
"The Duncan Zone, after our zone p-day and specialized training"
"We cut and piled all that wood up during Service"
No comments:
Post a Comment