Atta boy Pops! Man wish I could be running 4 miles now! Keep that up and I'll be weighing more that you when I get back... Ha I've had to move up a hole on my belt. Sounds like I need to be doing some of this 5:30-7 in the morning ball playing like Tyler does! Well as always I had a busy week this week. Spent a lot of time on the road. A ton of time. Like I've said before our zone is huge, so having to go to district meetings and such takes a good hour and half to two hour drive, depending which one we go to. We also had a MLC this past week. It was President Taylor's last one. Pretty epic to say the least. It's frustrating at times, to be honest, because we've got 30 or so people in there with the zone leaders and sister training leaders, and when we talk about stuff Pres. Taylor likes to hear everyone's opinion. It's a work in progress.
President Taylor gave an incredible training though on Hel 5:12, and ways we can build our foundation upon Christ. At the end of the meeting, the Taylor's gave their departing testimonies. Of course I can't share with you all that President Taylor said, but right before he ended his testimony, he paused, looked at all of us in the eyes, and said "I love you Elders and Sisters. I expect to see each and every one of you in the Celestial Kingdom. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." It was awesome! Not that that wasn't my goal before, but expectations were set, and you could feel that nothing less was expected. Coming away from that meeting, I asked Heavenly Father what he requires of me. I know I've grown, but I realize that there is yet more growth to happen, and I need to be earnestly seeking for opportunities to expand my capacity. The overwhelming feeling came that I need to be, and am expected to be a man of faith. Then came to mind President Cowan, when he set me apart, saying, "a man of faith has no fear." So there's my goal. Become a man of faith. Like Ammon. Or Alma or Amulek. Plans to achieve that goal? Be exactly obedient. Push myself out of my comfort zone everyday. Pray for experiences to do so. Act on them. Faith always precedes the miracle. Like I've said before, President Taylor counseled me to expect miracles. So I'll be doing a whole lot more expectin!
A miracle we did have happen this week was with the grandfather of a boy that could get baptized any day. The kid's name is H. E. He's been taught by missionaries for a year now, and he's sharp as a tack. His mother is super less active, but she's given permission for him to be baptized. Grandpa though doesn't want him to be baptized... He feels that H. will go less active if he gets baptized. Want's to wait till he's old enough to take himself to church. Well of course by that time he'll be in highschool and without the foundation of the Gospel will have already have fallen by the wayside. So Elder Lott and I have been praying morning and night for the Lord to soften grandpa's heart.
We had a lesson this last week with H. at Grandpa's house, and at the end asked his grandpa if we could do anything for him. He teared up and said he's getting too old to do everything around the house and his body pays for it for days. Opportunity to serve! Like the scriptures say, by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. So slowly but surely his heart is softening. We also got back into contact with a former that had a baptismal date a few months ago, and we've been trying to see them for a while now but they've never been there. So we're going to go back tomorrow and let the spirit do work!
This week, to wrap this epistle up, we had a last hurrah of service up in Norman. I would send pics but I forgot my USB thinger ma jig. Did a lot of tree work again. Worked 8 hours Saturday and Sunday. Didn't get a headache Saturday, but Sunday I forgot to hydrate. All is well though. Thanks for your awesome emails. They always make me smile! Enjoy this wonderful day, and study your scriptures!!!! Love you!
Elder Traasdahl
No comments:
Post a Comment