Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Waiting to see the Fruits of our Labor

Ohhh boy what a week! ... Where to start... Well big news first.  Obvious too.  President Taylor is home, and President and Sister Walkenhorst are here!  Haven't had the opportunity to meet them yet, but we have texted them! haha but we do get to meet them this Wednesday because we're going to the city for an MLC.  I'm really looking forward to meeting them.  I'm hoping that I'll be one of the lucky ones that gets to be interviewed by him this MLC, rather than having to wait till next month.  I'll let you know next week though what happens!  

Other than that I hate to say it but we're still waiting to see the fruit of our labors here. We're pluggin and chuggin along, working with the ward members and really trying to apply what was learned in the broadcast last week and implement it within our ward here. Our WML is on board, he's just got to watch it first. We're revamping our Ward Mission Plan and then we're gonna get all our leadership and auxillaries on board!  Elder Lott and I are still finding through our own efforts, and I aint gonna lie, it's harder than I thought it'd be to get back on that horse!  Haha so if you wouldn't mind, when you do pray for me, pray that I'll be able to turn my desires into action, and open my dang mouth.  Cause when I do I have no problems.  Not in a boasting way, but the promised is fulfilled that if we open our mouths they'll be filled with what to say.  I don't know, I'm just having issues with opening my mouth.  Instead of never, I'm at like a 50/50 now.  So I'm doing better!  But I still have room to improve.  The other day though we were at Wal Mart, buying bike slime (I hate bikes btw, 20$ down the drain from flats, ended up buying a new tire) and the wal mart cashier asked us why we were dressed up the way we were.  Open door baby!  Walked right into it too.  Kinda ticked off the people waiting in line behind us but oh well.  Still waiting for that girl to get back to us too.  And no the guy from last week hasn't called us yet. It's ok though, all in the Lord's time!  


We met with M. again this week. We asked her if she's been praying about what we've been teaching her and the Book of Mormon.  She said yes and left it at that.  I had the thought to pry a little farther so I asked how she felt as she prayed.  And she said that she felt that Heavenly Father has taken away all of her fear, doubt, and anxieties about what she's heard and seen in the past and has replaced it with peace, so she feels like she's found the truth! You could definitely feel the spirit as she spoke and it was just awesome! We're having a church tour with her this week and we're going to invite her commit to a date in August, so we'll see how it goes! Well my times about up, this clock's tickin on me.  Next week I share an insight I had this week in my studies because it was some good stuff.  Love y'all!!!!!! Keep on going out with the missionaries!!!


Love, 

Elder Traasdahl





Elder Traasdahl said these guys are all over the place in Duncan.

When they drive down the road, they justs get squished under the tires.

Ick.

To see a video Elder Traasdahl mentioned last regarding member missionary work:  CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment