It's so good to hear from everyone!! Goodness, I've been blessed with such a wonderful family. Well this week again it's going to be a shorter one, sorry. Don't have that much time. Conference this week though snuck up on me! I totally forgot that it was this weekend! I LOVED IT!! IT WAS SOOO GOOOOOD!!!! The Lord is speaking to us! FAMILIES are central to God's eternal purposes, and we are to treat them as such! VIRTUE is sacred. As I was watching Robert D. Hales talk during the priesthood session, I realized something. We are living the Book of Mormon right now. The world and it's people is becoming ever increasingly wicked, and the prophets are declaring repentance and obedience and a return to God's commandments. How many talks were on obedience? Like nearly every one in some way or another. I loved Holland's quote too about Faith, when he said something along the lines of "When you're looking for faith and asking God for it, stand on the ground that you've already won." I took pages and pages of notes, haha I wish that I could call you guys and talk to y'all about it for hours, but oh well!
This last week we've had success though! We had 3 new investigators. We taught a guy named R., a guy named J., and a guy named B. J. seems the most promising. He's got some awesome faith in Christ and he's interested because his sister just joined, and she used to not be religious at all. So he's all "what is it about you Mormons?" Hmmm, must be the truth! Haha but oh! Lucas just got ordained a priest yesterday! It was really cool experience. So he's doing really good.
With this apostle coming on the 20th, there will also be a member of the 70 and a member of the presiding bishopbric. So 3 general authoritites, not 1! and the meeting will only last for 1 1/2 hours. Still awesome though. As for mail though, send any to the mission office now, because transfers are a week and half from now, and I don't know what's going to happen. May or may not stay, I've heard both.
My last thoughts are about something I'm realizing about leadership, and how it applies to the doctrine of Christ. And this only really all came together as I was waiting for a computer to open up to email. As a leader, I've come to notice and have realized that you're expected to sacrifice. There have been multiple experiences this transfer where when someone needs to draw the short end of the stick, who does everyone look to to do it? The leader. And I've gone and done it, because it was expected. Reflecting back on these experiences, I've at times done it with bitterness in my heart, and then I've done it with love. As I was waiting for a computer, at first I was bitter, because this was a re-occurance where I was only going to get a few moments to email my family, and another week to shoot off a short email. And then I was watching the district email, and I thought of their families, and how much joy they'll have this day from the emails they'll receive from them, and the bitterness left my heart, and no longer did waiting seem a bother to me. I could've waited all day. And then my thoughts turned towards Christ. And his ultimate sacrifice. And why was he willing to pay the price for us? Why was he willing to perform the Atonement? Because of his love for us. I can not comprehend the love it must've taken, but I can try to by striving to love those that I'm around. Real leadership is about love, not the title. Texas has taught me love. Mom and Dad, thanks for your examples to me about sacrafice, and putting others before yourselves. I don't know if you realize what an influence that has been on me and how I've been able to rely on that example right now in this moment of my life. Thanks for all of your love and support fam, and please let me know if I can ever do anything for you guys!
Love,
Elder Traasdahl
No comments:
Post a Comment