Monday, May 6, 2013

Busy busy week


It's that time of the day again! Loved all the pictures you guys sent this week. Y'all are looking GOOD!!!  Shout out to Tyler for having that wedding, that's sweet!  Now just wait till they get sealed in the temple.  That'll be a priceless experience. 

Well we've had a real busy week. Haven't had much time to spend in our area. We went on an exchange with some missionaries in Blanchard, and then we also went on an exchange with a District Leader of ours who's in Anadarko. Oh before I get to that guess what! I found out about this last Tuesday at MLC? Remember how a while ago I talked about a John I taught while on exchanges in Wichita Falls, and set a baptism date with??? Well he just got baptized!! Made my day when I heard that. Wish you could meet this guy. Anyways, just had to share, because it was such a bright spot in my week. 

This week though we've done a lot of less active work. We've met with a lot of members who have fallen away because they've been offended, and it's really sad. The whole situation. Because of another's actions or words, which in some cases are terrible, some of these people have given up on going to church, and are missing out on the wonderful blessings that come from partaking of the sacrament.  This week has really built my testimony on how important home teachers are.  We've gone away from most of these appointments with an overwhelming impression that, "There's nothing more we can do. It's up to the home teachers now."  And I've thought about that a lot.  And I believe it's because those who have left the church because they've been offended and hurt, will only come back because they know they're wanted and loved.  What's the vehicle to show that love?  Home teaching. Some of these people too, I already know, won't come back after a few visits.  Or a few months worth of visits.  It may even take years. But it's that christ-like dedication that's needed.  I've written in my journal, in super big letters, a promise, slash commitment, to be the worlds best home teacher.  Because I've seen the effects no home teaching can have. 

We had success also this week with a part-member/less active family. The dad's name is M. He hasn't been to church since he was 12, so it's basically like we're teaching an investigator.  His wife isn't a member, and they have a 2 year old daughter.  We're going to try to see them this week, but it's hard to, because they live in the outskirts of town, so we have to see them with a member.  So it takes a bit of coordination and planning. We also are teaching a man named C.

That about wraps it up for me! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! Thanks for everything you do!!! Let me know if I can ever do anything for you, and I'll talk to you Aunday! and Monday! ahah crazy.  Adios!

Love,

Elder Traasdahl

No comments:

Post a Comment