Monday, March 4, 2013

Powerful statement: "No, it's against my religion."


It's been a week! It's always a pleasure hearing from home and how things are going. Hope everything is well.

Now that it's about over, the truth comes out. I hate killing missionaries. (serving their last transfer with them).  I made it through it, but I'm not gonna lie -- I'm so happy it's over with. As hard as I tried, I couldn't get him to not be trunky these last few weeks.  It's okay though, it just solidified my resolve not to get that way when it comes that time for me.  Cause I don't want to do that to my last companion. I'm going to be sprinting across the finish line!!  So just a heads up, come like my last 3 transfers, I'm going to have 0 talk of home.  Mark my words.  And you better hold me to it! 

Highlight of the week though. We had a baptism! Lucas was baptized on March 2nd, and confirmed March 3rd. We had a small baptism for him.  Only 11 people showed up, but he preferred it that way. Mom and Dad he said he's going to send a friend request on FB my way so if ya could be checkin on that and accept it when he does that'd be great!  Anyways, he's a stud.  After we taught him the Word of Wisdom, one day in class on base, a classmate asked him if he wanted a cup of coffee. (Because just a few days ago he had had one) and Lucas said "no it's against my religion."  The class mate laughed at him and was like "good joke man, really though here ya go". And Luke said "No seriously, it's against my religion."  So he's stickin to and keeping all the commandments and really excited now to get the priesthood. 

(Lucas was baptized 3/2 by Brother Cook.  Happy Day!)

Other than that, as far as the work goes, as Tyler would say, we're at zippo hippo.  So we've got some work to do!  It'll be fun though. I don't want to raise my greenie to think that tracting is the only way of finding.  So we're really going to try to work with the ward and ward members and their network of friends and see the miracles that our Father in Heaven has for those that share the gospel!  K and get this. So our district down here in Texas is one of the biggest in the mission.  10 people.  3 companionships and 2 senior couples.  And this next transfer it's getting bigger.  They opened up a new area.  Wichita Falls Central.  So I think it'll be the biggest district in the mission.  Or I think there may be another one the same size. So 4 companionships and 2 senior couples. 12 people and when our Zone Leaders come it'll be 14. I can do math! haha but yeah kinda nuts. It'll be fun though, I'm excited. I thought I'd be stressed out about it, but I'm not really.  
(The District)


Last little tid bit. I've been learning how Satan works. We've been working with some LA's, and some of them have been anti'ed. It's been interesting trying to rekindel that flame in them. Going back to how Satan works. He's the perfect military strategist.  What's an army's first target of it's enemy?  Their communication.  If you can't communicate with leaders, you're lost. Satan does the same thing.  If he can separate you from church, scriptures, and prayer, then he's won the battle. If he can get you to forget the feelings the spirit brings, he's won.  Satan uses logic, and says 'forget what you feel'.  That's how the holy ghost works.  It pierces the heart. This last week has been such a testimony builder for me, because no matter what anyone says, I can not deny the witness I have received from the Holy Ghost.  This gospel is true.  I just love it!  Mom your big email you sent me, as you were talking about the song 'How Great Thou Art' you guys were singing, I couldn't help but feel the spirit as I read it.  I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer, and it is only through Him that we can be saved.  Thank goodness for the infinite and eternal atonement!  I love each and every one of you.  Thank you for all that you do for me.  Your encouragement and support means so much!  Love you!!
Elder Traasdahl




No comments:

Post a Comment