Tuesday, March 19, 2013

MRE & MEMORIES



Check it out! My family has now been initiated into the Texas club!! Yeee haww! Hahah good to hear y'all enjoyed your trip to Dallas! Yaaaa I know I know, I feel ya on how tempting it is to have just taken that little side step up to Wichita, but hey! Gotta remember, sacrifice brings forth the blessing of heaven! To quote my good man W.W. Phelps (wrote Praise to The Man).  And I have to keep reminding myself that as I think that mister pessimistic Austin hates GB thinks he's a fear mongerer got to go on set and a live show. Sacrifice baby!  haha just kidding. You know I love you Aust. And that's awesome to hear you got to do that! What an experience.  Mom can't wait to hear the CD's of the concert!  Y'all ready know I'll be jammin out to it as I ride around the mish in OK and TX.  

Well, for the week. It was a week, that's for darn sure.  My capacity was stretched.  Well let's say soul was stretched and capacity expanded.  While I'm thinking about it I had 2 headaches this week, both from stress, sooo if I there's any like "in the moment" stress relief techniques you guys could send me that'd be awesome. Time to talk about why I've been stressin though. Satan's waging war!!!!!! Mom you were right, contention SERIOUSLY is of the devil.  Super duper week long story short we've got two companionships in our district that are having issues. One major and one minor. One just communication issues and they don't get along, the other, well I'm not really sure how much I can say.  Sooo I'll just say that we had to have an emergency exchange yesterday and now I've got one of them and Elder Owen is with the other, and we're making it a two day exchange to get things sorted out.  And I've got the wonderful job of doing the sorting. Because if  I don't President Taylor gets to, and I already know he has enough on his plate right now.  So ya I've been stressin, and I've come to find out I could get better at handling stress. 

But anyways, super cool experience, was in sacrament meeting, and just have all these thoughts racing through my mind about what's goin down and what I need to do.  And I was asking Heavenly Father what do I do to set things straight here.  Because it's not working right now.  So I turn to the scriptures.  And lo and behold they don't fail me!  Mosiah 4:15 "Teach them love one another and serve one another" or somethin like that.  Our district is lacking Charity!  We don't have that Christ like love.  So I sat down with a companionship, laid it down with Mosiah 4:15, and then turned to Moroni 7:45 and there's a sermon in and of itself.  So that's the situation here.  We're lackin charity.  And I'm plum outta time so sorry for it being so short.  I used most of time writing president and filling him in.  Love you guys, thanks for all that you do! You're in my prayers. Keep on keepin on!
Love,
Elder Traasdahl




Elder Traasdahl Eats an MRE... I wonder if this was dinner appointment?  

Beverage of choice-- it was the green gatorade in this package

And in case one was needing more flavor on their freeze dried food--
a mini bottle of tabasco was included.
A little spice makes everything better, right?

And so do missionaries as they teach the gospel.

(Dec. 2012)


A note from this missionary's Mom:  Yep, we just went to the Dallas, Texas area this past week and brick seemed to be the decorative building material of choice as shown in the above pic.  I loved it~
By the way, we were only 1 1/2 hours away from Elder T. and literally saw the freeway sign that said 'Wichita Falls' as we drove.  Sigh.  :)
 He will come back with some 'narly Texas pride'... of that I have no doubt.
It's a great place with great people!  We loved Texas and we surely love Elder T!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment