Monday, February 11, 2013

A time of Healing



Howdy. How we doin?! Good to hear from everybody. Glad to hear everything's staying the same back in the good ol' AZ! Can you believe we're kinda halfway through February!? Gosh time flies by too fast.

Well I forgot my list of stories that I had been keeping up on through out the week, (no surprise there really)  sooooo I'm going to give it my best shot. Of course though I've got to start off with the best news.  We have two baptism dates this week!  We doin missionary work!  Haha.  One we set with an investigator who had had a date (before I got here) then it fell through, so we re-set one.  The other date though is with an airman named Br. Richie.  (Ha don't know his first name, since they've only got their last name on their uniform we haven't asked for his first name.)  He's got a stud fellowshipper, Br. Cook who has been off his mish less than a year, so we've got that on lock down.  We've taught him twice so far, and on the first lesson we set the date for Mar. 2nd.  Br. Richie's been through a lot in his life and he's finally found the peace that he's been looking for.  So being able to go onto Sheppard airforce base has been a real blessing for us in being able to do missionary work. 

We're still trying to work through the ward, that's just coming along slower than anticipated. When we have dinners though we have great lessons and they always give us Less Active families to go see.  We're just trying to change that from LA families to non member families!  As far as being a dstrict leader, it's interesting.  I'm learning a ton.  Serving in a leadership position is not what I envisioned it to be, that's for sure.  Becoming like Christ is I think the goal in being a leader.  Serving and loving others, especially those who are hard to love. Well, I had plenty of opportunities to do that with Tyler back home so I guess I should be good at that! haha sike just messin, he's an easy kid to love.

This past week we had a memorial service for Sis. Smith, as a mission.  It was a really tender service. It was good for the mission to get together and heal. President Taylor shared an experience that I'd like to comment on. He said after the accident, when he was down in Woodward, he went to the spot that she got hit.  1. he said he had an overwhelming impression that the ground he was standing on was sacred and hallowed ground and  2. there were pictures of the Savior scattered all around in the grass, that she had been carrying to give out to people.  The visual of that struck me.  The spot where she had been killed, the Savior was there.  Immediately my mind turned to the atonement, and what a beautiful gift it is. "It must needs be an infinite atonement."  And then I did some introspection and asked myself,  "Do I appreciate the atonement for what it truly is?  What can I do to come to understand the atonement better?"  So such is the topic of my studies this last week.  It's kinda amazing, trying to understand something that is incomprehensible.  However as our understanding does increase, our desire to share the gospel will grow.  You can thank PMG for that quote. 

Last random thought then I gotta hop off.  Mark Mabry should use his Reflections of Christ photos and make calendars with it. If not on a mass production scale, at least just one.  I want one. Haha cause right now I have an american themed calendar annnnnd I realized I should have a more Christ centered calender.  And that idea is for free. I have no patent on it. Ha aight, well I love you guys, thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers.  If I can ever do anything for you please let me know. Love you!!!!
Elder Traasdahl

No comments:

Post a Comment