To quote another Elder in the field, "Oh my good to the ness!!!" Has another week gone by?? I can't believe this transfer is already halfway over! So here's the rundown of the week my family. Elder Townsend and I, in our comp inventory, set a goal to run every other morning, on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. So this Tuesday, 6:30 a.m., we woke up, geared up, and went outside. And we ran. And it was 28 stinkin’ degrees outside!!!! Haha I had that beanie cap thing you sent out to me Dad on and those thin gloves on, a jacket, my shorts on with my pajama pants over them and I was still freezing! But we made the goal so we ran! Haha and Elder Townsend over here used to be a track athlete & ran for state. He's bustin my chops and we ran for what felt like forever, and I was like "aight we good to go back now?" and he said "that only took us three minutes!" Ha but I'm still alive! and that only happened once because Thursday we had temple conference and Saturday exchanges.
Temple conference though! Maaaaaan. What a beautiful place the temple is. It was such a treat to get to go. I know we hear it all the time, but the temple really really is the house of the Lord. Sometimes I wish I could just go and sit there all day! During temple conference we found out some specifics about all the new missionaries. We're going to have 130 english elders, 30 spanish elders, 40 english sisters, and 16 spanish elders. That's 56 sisters sisters total. We have like 13 right now. Its gonna be nuts!! Most of these new missionaries are going to come in March-June, but they'll start next transfer. Enough about that though, gotta get to some stories.
My testimony this week had been so strengthened let me tell you what!! It's been the week of anti. First guy Joe, crazy guy comes at us saying the B.o.M can't be the most correct book on the earth (go to intro of B.o.M for the Joseph Smith quote) and E. Townsend and I pretty much taught the restoration in our testimonies. That was a warm up. Ken was this second guy. Haha this guy. What a weirdo! He was a referral from a member, who just gave him to us to probably get him to get off the members back. So we call this guy and meet with him at a park, because he wanted to meet in "neutral territory". First thing he says after the greetings is, "So the best way this works out is I get 10 minutes you get 10 minuntes." We agreed and then he dives right into it. He said "So here's where you guys are wrong," and then he goes off like a little engine! Man you could've seen steam blowin outta his ears! I've never heard more anti doctrine come at me at once, and all of it was ridiculous! He finishes and he was sure he had us. The whole time we just sat there and smiled, and then again we taught the restoration through our testimonies and all he said after that was "will you admit joseph smith had multiple wifes?" We said “ya”. And he was like "I won't follow a man that does something like that!!" I then said (I was getting tired of him) "Would you have followed Abraham?" Shut him down...
I gotta run, the comp is threatening to shut the computer down on me. LOVE YOU ALL, and I'll write more next week!! promise. The church is true through and through!! Christ is at the head of it and He leads it through Thomas S. Monson! I testify of that!
Elder Traasdahl the Okie
No comments:
Post a Comment