All these mission calls!! SO FETCHING AWESOME!!!!!!!! I love it. (I sent Parker a list of 7 friends who just got called to missions all over the world - Spain, Peru, Ukraine, Las Vegas, etc.) The world doesn't know what's going to hit it! Better watch out -- Mesa AZ represents. Haha, on a serious note though that really is cool all the different places everyone is going. I'm so excited to get back and hear everyone's stories. To all departing homies/missionaries - Go read "Becoming a Consecrated Missionary", by Tad R. Callister. I know i've already talked about this talk, but it's worth talking about again, it's that good. Read it, live it, love it! Ha I've read it 5 times no joke, annnnnd I've got such a long ways to go. But that's okay, the Lord doesn't expect perfection. He just expects progress. I've really been trying to wrap my mind around that, because I see a problem with myself and I want it fixed right away. But changing yourself, your nature, takes time. Thank goodness for the Atonement.
Aight so lot's of things happened this week, news wise. You know how the missionary applications went from 700 to 4,000 in like a week? 53% of those applications were sisters. Well we're getting some in OKC. Before I came this mission had 114 missionaries. The transfer before me and when I came out it jumped to 130. Guess how many, of those 4,000 missionaries we're getting? 86!! So now we'll have 216 missionaries! Crazy huh!? These 18-19 year old missionaries will start coming in phases, not this transfer, but the next. So that'll be December. And they'll keep coming til March. President Taylor also asked that a lot of them be sister missionaries. The implications of this? 86 trainers. Lets say half of the 86 are sisters, so 43 elder trainers. Spaced out over two transfers. Thats 23 trainers each transfer. Basically, it's been hinted on many occasions that I'll be training after this next transfer. And it'll most likely be one of the 18 year old missionaries. Ha, if that happens I feel for that missionary! But more importantly this also means that most areas, in the populated areas, will be doubled up. Our's could possibly, will most like be split. Our ward is already like a large branch, and to have 2 sets of missionaries trying to work out who gets what members to come out with us will be interesting. But it's all for the future to tell so we'll see!
And speaking of transfers we got "transfer doctrine" last night. Any ideas what's happening? I'm staying in the Noble/Purcell area. Elder Woodland, on the other hand, is being transferred to Elk City. Which I have no clue where the heck that is but apparantly it's way the heck out there. So my new comp will be an Elder Townsend. Transfers are Wednesday so I'll meet him them. It's crazy though because Noble though will be "my area" now! Kinda intimidating because I'll be calling the shots now in a sense, since I know the area and my new comp doesnt. It's fine though, because when I can't do it that's when prayer kicks it. Alma 26:12. Love that scripture. Found it in my studies one day and no scripture has ever felt like it has described me better.
I got your package on Saturday, with the stickers and goodies! Haven't had a chance to enjoy the hot chocolate yet-- I'm saving it for a really cold day. The lowest it's gotten so far is low 40's. What gets ya though is the wind here. Its nasty. Blows right through your jacket.
If you have a chance, just thought of this, see if you can find a video of an interview of President Taylor on Oklahoma Channel 9 News. (See in the post below). They asked if he could clarify some things about mormons, and I guess he did! Word is we'll get see it at our Temple Conference, but that's later on in the year. Just wanted to pass the word on in case y'all wanted to check it out. And I learned too that it's "y'all" not "ya'll". Didn't know there was a right way to spell it.
ELECTION DAY IS TOMORROW! Crazy crazy stuff. Yes I did vote by the way. Can't tell for who though... that's private information :).
Last night we had a baptism! For a 13 year old boy name Clifford. I'm pretty sure I've told you about him. It was really neat. Br. Oleson baptized him. Haha afterwards he asked "Can I go swimming in there now?" If I have time I'll send a pic.
This week Elder Woodland and I got hit with allgeries and a cold, it was brutal. He's good, I'm still having some side effects from the cold. Nothing some meds can't take care of. I'm taking your concoction of sleeping vitamins mother, and they seem to be working! haha too well in fact. It's sooo hard for me to get up in the mornings! Don't worry, I still do. Gotta keep in shape! Can't be gettin fat! I've already gained 10 lbs! I weighed myself in a members house the other day. And I got a haircut today. Buzzed it. No joke. Guess what this means? B-DOG has to buzz his head!! Haha don't have any pictures yet, but maybe next week I'll have a few to send. I'm serious though, I really buzzed my head. Can you hear the disbelief in my voice? Because I still can't believe that I let Elder Teisina do it either. Last thought, than I have to run. Day lights savings it stupid! We had to do it yesterday and gosh I got so confused!! I tried to figure it out and I just stopped, there was no point. Oh and Tyler, haha your emails are hilarious. They crack me up. Don't know how to shake a hand eh? C'mon man that's missionary 101! Haha love you. And I love all y'all too! I pray for each and every one of you each night! Thank you for your love and support! Keep up the good work, and never forget, the church is true through and through!
Love,
Elder Traasdahl
No comments:
Post a Comment