Thursday, August 22, 2013

I'm in the Belt Buckle of the Bible Belt


Well the doctrine has come.... But before we get to that, let's talk about you!  Glad to hear that you got to get to the temple Mom and Austin! Wish I could've gone with y'all. Tis the place to be. 

Oh, haha pictures... Well here's the dealio.  Remember how I always misplace things?  Good news is what was once lost is now found, but it was lost for a bit. Hence no pictures. Sorry. And yes I got the pic you sent, loved it!  I've been showin it to everyone.  Hey pops, good to hear that you're still pluggin away at work and the training for the triathlon.  I just played basketball this morning with some priests in the ward, and gosh. I'm fat and out of shape, it's pitiful! haha I was huffin and puffin I could hardly catch my breath. Push ups in the morning doesn't really work your lungs I guess.... 

Well aight. Maybe you'll be as shocked as me, but here it is. I'm staying in Duncan another transfer, with Elder Lott. It'll be a transfer of firsts! First 6 month area and first 3 transfer comp. I was looking forward to going to another zone, because I really don't like how spread out the zone is.  We hardly ever get to see any other missionaries, except for DM's or our zone pday, but the Lord has something else in mind for me.  

This last Sunday we did have a great Sunday though! Two of our investigators showed up, M. and T. The ward enveloped them too so we couldn't have been happier!  M. afterwards told us she had issues with using water instead of wine for the sacrament, but that's a concern we can handle.  As we met with T. this week we also had a really good lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  While we were teaching her, near the end actually, she said, "It looks like I need to be baptized."  We invited her to be baptized on Sept. 14 and she committed! It'll be an uphill battle, because she has some Word of Wisdom issues and she's a slower learner, but I know that if she's committed to it then it'll happen.  

The past week or so I've started into the New Testament, because shoot, I'm the the belt buckle of the bible belt and it's probably time I get a feel for the bible.  In PMG it has a neat study idea though.  It suggests that as you read the 4 gospels to write down all the questions that Christ asks.  As you get into it, it's really neat, because you see a trend. 

One story that stuck out to me this week was when Christ asks his apostles who others say that he is (Matt 16) and they tell him that people think he's a prophet, a wise man, maybe even John the Baptist or Elias. He then asks his disciples "but whom say ye that I am?" and Peter responds "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." I wondered, if Christ asked me that same question, what would I say?  Would I think that he was just a good man?  Or would I think he was the Son of God?  And how would I have been able to discern the difference?  Christ then teaches his disciples that it wasn't man that revealed this knowledge to them, but Heavenly Father.  I'm only going to assume that the apostles got their answers through prayer!  And can I give an amen and a halleluyah to Bro. Millecam?   It is so terribly important to have our oil of conversion at the ready. We do that by obtaining a knowledge of the principles and ordinances of the gospel through prayer. Then we live it. Like it says in John 7:17 "If any many man will do his will he shall know of the doctrine."  It was a reaffirmation to myself that we've gotta know for ourself!  Well I love y'all thanks for all you do for me.  Please let me know if I can help out in any way! love you!


Elder Traasdahl

Brother Millecam's words from his talk this past Sunday:   
HAVE YOUR LIGHT BURNING BRIGHT, 
YOUR LAMP TRIMMED, 
AND YOUR OIL AT THE READY

No comments:

Post a Comment