Monday, October 15, 2012

"Nah I aint done yet..."

My ohhhh my has it been another week?? Goodness. I guess the saying is true, days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days! First off let me get off the shoutouts. I don't remember if I said thank you or not yet, but shout out to the Danielson's and Morris's for their pictures and notes they drew and sent me while in the MTC! Sorry I haven't been able to write back, but I have absolutely loved them! I keep them in my top left drawer in my desk and look through them each Sunday night! Another shout out goes to the M O N T E C I T O ward for being absolutely fantabulously awesome, and sending me that letter with all those wonderful words of encouragement and love! It brightened my day and brought a smile to my face. Last shout out goes to the Banks family! Love your package!
 
So the life of a missionary is kinda nice out here. Did you know that at Jamba you get your order 1/2 off as a missionary? And at 5 guys your order is free? Me neither! Well let's say I didn't. Now I do. And I use the jamba perk a lot. We go there every Friday after our District Meetings. The people there are starting to get to know us. I got the package of taco seasoning and journal pages! So now I'm going to make some of your taco's mother. Haha Elder Woodland thinks taco seasoning smells terrible. Stinks for him cause I'm making some. Speaking of Elder Woodland...living with someone 24/7 there's bound to be things you to butt heads over. That's not the right term though, because it's not contentious... Have I mentioned yet how he sings 'Come Thou Fount' 1,235,315,241,325 times a day? Then he moves on to another song.  We have two different styles of teaching. So, we have things to work through. But what companionship doesn't? Listen to this though. Scared the livin daylights outta me.  This last Wednesday we went to Norman for our New Trainers meeting, aka the "have you survived" meeting for all the greenies, and President Taylor, who is a stud and will be an apostle some day, looked at all of us, and particularly me when he said something to the effect of "Now with the mission age being changed to 18, we're going to have an increase of missionaries coming to our mission, that's a given. How many? I don't know. What I do know, is that they'll have less time in the MTC, however. Which means, they'll need to finish their training here in the field. These new, young missionaries are going to need be trained by preach my gospel missionaries. Do you know who those missionaries are? You. So get ready. You know what to do." Haha . I can hardly figure out how to get to the Wal Mart 5 miles down the road, let alone train a missionary. But I'll have at least another month and a half before I'm done being trained, so that's comforting. Just had to share.
 
Sorry this is turning out to be so short, but the only other thing I can think of is to give you updates on our investigators. 'A.' came to Stake Conference with us on Sunday, and 'M.' came to the adult session on Saturday night. Other than that just a lot of knocking on doors. Oh! We found a family, single mother, with 3 daughters and 1 son, and taught her and one of her daughters the 1st lesson. That was on Thursday. Set up a return appt. on Sat. but they bailed. Personal opinion is either they got anti-ed or just want their space. So we're going to try them tomorrow.
 
Haha one last thing. My English is getting terrible. Just this morning I said to Elder Woodland when he asked me if I was done, "Nah I aint done yet".  We were eating at a member's home, and while he picked us up I asked him what he did for a living. He said he ran a golf course. My response? "Oh how long have you runned it for?" Way to make a first impression right? Anyways love you all dearly, I appreaciate your prayers!! I can feel the strength it gives me. The Church is true through and through!!
Elder Traasdahl

No comments:

Post a Comment